The next generation of survival horror rises in the form of Resident Evil Village, the eighth major entry
in the Resident Evil series.
Set a few years after the horrifying events in the critically acclaimed Resident Evil 7 biohazard, the all-new
storyline begins with Ethan Winters and his wife Mia living peacefully in a new location, free from their past
Just as they are building their new life together, tragedy befalls them once again.
When BSAA captain Chris Redfield attacks their home, Ethan must once again head into hell to get his
kidnapped daughter back.
- A New Chapter in the Resident Evil Storyline – This eighth major instalment in the flagship Resident
Evil series continues the story from the critically acclaimed Resident Evil 7 biohazard. With the return
of popular features and introduction of new elements, survival horror has never been so intense.
- Latest Console Technology – RE Engine paired with new technologies available via PlayStation 5 and
Xbox Series X|S delivers hyper-detailed graphics, advanced immersive audio and little to no load
times, bringing the shadowy village and its evocative residents to life in first person perspective.
- Popular Resident Evil Features – Fans might recognize new features in Resident Evil Village that are
nods to previous Resident Evil games including a merchant dubbed “The Duke” who allows players to
purchase and sell items, buy recipes for crafting consumables, and customize weapons.
- Familiar Faces and New Foes – Resident Evil series Chris Redfield returns under a shroud of
seemingly sinister motives. Ethan will also encounter a host of new adversaries inhabiting the
enigmatic village, all with their own distinctive ways of attacking.
- Evolution of Combat – In addition to engaging and attacking enemies, Ethan can also now guard
against incoming attacks, or kick enemies away to buy time for his next move, requiring players to
further strategize the best approach for surviving the many challenges ahead.
- 25th Anniversary Celebration Bonus – As a thank you to fans, Resident Evil Village will include
access to a free multiplayer experience titled Resident Evil Re:Verse, coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox
One and PC. An all-star cast of fan-favourite Resident Evil characters face off in four to six-player
deathmatch battles in iconic series locations.
PS5 upgrade can be offered at no extra charge and may be available for a limited time. To upgrade qualified PS4 disc editions to digital PS5 editions, players will need a PS5 console with a disc drive.