SuperEpic: The Entertainment War is a Metroidvania style adventure with a humorous and satirical tone. It’s a nonlinear fast paced action adventure game, heavy on exploration and combo-based combat, which stars a racoon and a llama in their quest to save videogames as we know them.
Set in a not-to-distant dystopian future, where a single videogame development company, RegnantCorp, controls an Orwellian society with exploitative, addictive and brainwashing freemium videogames. Ramming into their headquarters, the heroes uncover the whole conspiracy as they explore a surreal castle-like office full of enemies, challenges, secrets and corporate pigs.
- Economy based upgrading system: earn money based on your combat performance and decide how to invest it: in life, magic or stamina?
- Cross media experience: hidden QR codes launch small mini games running on HTML5, which have to be completed on mobile in order to uncover secrets in the game
- Two game modes: a more classic story-driven mode with handcrafted levels, and a replayable roguelike mode with procedurally generated maps
- Solid progression: RPG like weapon and armor upgrading system, with tonnes of items to collect and discover
- Gorgeous Neogeo quality: 16/32 bit era cartoon sprites, with super fluid animations and spectacular final bosses